Judicial Advisers Program
The Judicial Advisers Program offers advice to any student involved in the conduct process at the University of Massachusetts. We are a team of student advocates who have been trained in every aspect of the Code of Student Conduct as well as Residential Life policies.
We pride ourselves in offering peer-led services for students, and strive to provide a supportive environment for all students going through the conduct process.
- We explain the conduct process
- We review any documents relating to your case with you
- We review charges with you
- We explain your possible options and help you come to a decision that works for you
- We attend conduct conferences, hearings, and sanction hearings with students.
- While we do not speak on anyone’s behalf, we can advise you throughout the meeting and ensure your rights are being protected
- We help prepare appeals and revise any statements you may want to submit
When Should You Meet with Us?
Ideally, you should email us immediately after you receive your notice of charge so you can set up an appointment. However, you can contact us any time you feel you need assistance with the conduct process. It doesn’t matter if you have just received your notice of charge, are seeking to file charges, or are involved in an ongoing case.
Is there a Fee?
No, every student already pays the Student Activities Fee which funds our program.
Judicial Adviser Application Spring 2015
Application Deadline: Friday November 14th by 5:00pm. The position requires 10 hours a week and it pays $9.00/hr.Download
Phone: (413) 545-1272
Student Union Room 426