The Administrative Affairs (AA) Committee’s main function is to oversee any proposed changes to the SGA’s Constitution and Bylaws. This includes recommendations to the Senate on how to improve regulation of the Constitution and Bylaws.
This committee is also involved with approving position changes. If there is an open seat in Senate, this committee reviews candidates and tells Senate its recommendations. AA approves the creation or removal of a position, and it handles Impeachment and Expulsion.
For more detail about AA’s powers and responsibilities, see below for its description in the Bylaws.
Meeting Time: Tuesday at 7pm in the SGA Office (Student Union 420)
Members: Chairman John Rockwell, Mike Cusher, Brad Rowbotham, Stefan Herlitz, Fred Kutnick, Joseph O’Neil, Nicholas Pepe, Patrick Sadlon, Gabriel Schmitt.
Administrative Afffairs: Bylaws Description
According to the SGA Bylaws, the Administrative Affairs Committee shall:
- Maintain and review the Constitution of the SGA, and entertain all motions for amendment thereof.
- Review and recommend to the Senate, legislation relating to Title I, II, III, IV,V, VII, and VIII of the By-laws of the SGA which will be at the discretion of the Speaker of the SGA Senate or his/her designee.
- Review all SGA personnel matters, and recommend to the Senate appropriate legislation pursuant thereto.
- Conduct the elections for Senate Committee Chairs.
- Assist the Secretary of Administrative Affairs and the Secretary of the Registry, in the effective implementation of Acts of the SGA within the Committee’s jurisdiction.
- Review and recommend to the Senate appointments to fill vacant senate seats falling under the jurisdiction of the Senate
- In the event that an Agency wishes to amend its charter, the Committee shall review the amendment and make a recommendation to the Senate. [T2,C31,S3]
Rules and Ethics Sub-Committee
According to the SGA By-Laws the Administrative Affairs Committee shall:
- Review and recommend to the Senate legislation which shall better serve to enforce the rules and procedures of the Senate.
- Facilitate the processes of the Senate and assist the Speaker in planning and organizing meetings of the Senate.
- Entertain all motions of Impeachment and Expulsion.
- Assist the Attorney General in the effective implementation of Acts of the SGA within the Sub-Committee’s jurisdiction. [T2,C31,S3,A]