The Student and Academic Affairs Organizing Committee concerns itself with University policies that affect student and academic life. It can review and recommend to the Senate any changes it believes should be made to University policy regarding students.
Meeting Time: TBD in the SGA office (Student Union room 420)
According to the SGA By-Laws, the Student and Academic Affairs Organizing Committee is charged with:
- Develop a primary, year-long campaign using the guidelines and procedures outlined below, in Title II, Chapter 32, Section 1-3.
- Review and recommend to the Senate legislation regarding any University Policy.
- Review and recommend to the Senate legislation regarding any University academic policy.
- Review and recommend to the Senate legislation, regarding the administrative policies of all agencies and divisions of the University not specifically related to academics.
- Act as the Senate’s liaison to the University Administration.
- Assist the Secretary of Student and Academic Affairs in the effective implementation of Acts of the SGA within the Committee’s jurisdiction.” [T2,C31,S5]